At Our Stories Are Us, we strive to keep the community engaging, safe, and appropriate for all. Unlike social media sites where photos and comments are posted to be viewed by the public, our space is private at the family level. Each of our users define their family and have a say as to what other family members have access to their information.
With that said, we strongly encourage a level of respect and ethics that discourage family member revenge postings. We reserve the right to block such negative posts at our discretion.
The following rules clarify what is allowed and prohibited on Our Stories Are Us. If you come across something that violates these Rules, please let us know and we will do our best to address the situation. We always appreciate your feedback in helping to make Our Stories Are Us a safe and comfortable environment for everyone.
Site Access and Security
While using your Our Stories Are Us account or any Our Stories Are Us Services, you:
- Must comply with all applicable laws.
- Must have your own Our Stories Are Us account, and select a unique username and password.
- May not share your Our Stories Are Us account password with anyone outside your household.
- Must provide valid and complete contact information, including a valid email address.
- May not select a username that is hateful, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by Our Stories Are Us, in its sole discretion.
- Must never misrepresent your identity, either to Our Stories Are Us or to other users.
- Must not interfere or attempt to interfere with the Services, including using any software program, virus or routine to block, obscure, modify any Our Stories Are Us Content or web pages, or to destroy another person’s software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
While using your Our Stories Are Us account or any Our Stories Are Us Services, you may not:
- Post or share any content that is illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive or otherwise objectionable, including content or communications that are degrading, defamatory, vulgar, hateful, libelous, fraudulent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, sexist, racist, or invasive of another’s privacy.
- Stalk, harass, threaten or verbally attack any user or Our Stories Are Us employee, or abuse Our Stories Are Us resources, such as misusing an Our Stories Are Us employee’s time.
- Post any information or communication that you know is false or misleading, including impersonating any person, misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity (including Our Stories Are Us), falsely claiming an endorsement that you do not have, or misrepresenting that you are an employee or representative of Our Stories Are Us or its family of companies.
- Post or share content containing any person’s personal, proprietary, or confidential information such as sensitive financial information, without their permission. In the case of minors, you’ll need the consent of their parent or guardian.
Respect for Intellectual Property
While using your Our Stories Are Us account and the Our Stories Are Us Services, you may not:
- Post or share content that is protected by copyright or trademark, or that does not belong to you, including pictures and historical documents posted by other users, unless you have implicit or explicit permission from the owner of the copyright or trademark for such content.
- Reproduce, reverse-engineer, or sell any portion of Our Stories Are Us’s Services or Our Stories Are Us Content, or systematically download data from Our Stories Are Us databases to make or populate another database for any other purpose.
- “Deep link” or frame, inline link, or mirror any part of any Our Stories Are Us Services without Our Stories Are Us’s written permission.
Spam is Not Allowed
You may not use your Our Stories Are Us account or the Our Stories Are Us Services (or any information obtained through the Services) to post or make available any advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of solicitation.
The Our Stories Are Us Community Rules apply to all users of Our Stories Are Us’s Services and are intended to protect you and the entire Our Stories Are Us community.
This list of prohibited conduct is not exhaustive. Our Stories Are Us prohibits users of the Services from engaging in any activity that Our Stories Are Us, in its sole discretion, determines to be offensive, interferes with the rights of others, or causes harm to any person or entity. Our Stories Are Us can’t be responsible for the content our users create and share in the community, but we reserve the right to remove any posts or comments that violate these rules or our Terms and Conditions.
Serious or repeat violations or offenses will subject the responsible user to account termination, at Our Stories Are Us’s sole discretion.